The world is not spinning out of control.
Sometimes it feels like it is. I watch the evening news and wonder, "What is going on? How has our society come to this?" War. Senseless violence. Murder. Drugs. Guns in schools. Abortion. Legalization of gay marriage.
The reality is, this is nothing new. God created the man and woman in His image and blessed them. One lie from the tempter, one fateful decision, one bite of fruit, and a cold-blooded murder one generation later.
Quite simply, man is messed up. We have done this to ourselves, and it has been the same story for millennia.
I wonder, if Adam and Eve had a magic mirror that could have shown them the consequences of their sin, if they would ever have plucked the forbidden fruit off the tree. Death. Pain. Suffering. Grief. Seemingly senseless tragedy. And all of those things we see on the evening news. A world gone mad because of sin.
And then, last night, a precious gift. Lights, dancing in the sky, in brilliant reds and greens. Aurora Borealis, with the sparkling stars peeking through.
As I gazed up into the stunning night sky, I thought of a rainbow and a promise. And I felt God saying to me, "You fret over too many things. I'm still on My throne, and the world will never spin out of My control."

2 comments:
oh thank you, thank you! I had the exact same thoughts... you are so precious.
You would truly enjoy the community over at The Wellspring with Laura Bogess, a woman I met at a writers retreat in Texas. Her link is under my latest post.
and your photos are amazing... just like our God! =)
Post a Comment